Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Gmail encourages top posting [WAS:: libFLAC, getopt, Mingw, Msys]

On 8/11/2016 11:06 AM, DAVENPORT, MARC wrote:
>> You're welcome, but please DON'T top post.
>
> Sorry about that, gmail encourages top posting.

Gmail does no such thing.  Most email clients will put the cursor at the
top of the mail.  Some give an option for the top or the bottom.  The
user of the email client is the one who decides how the mail is to be
structured.  The cursor can be moved from the top or the bottom to
correctly quote the statements you're responding to.  The user can also
remove any nonessential words remaining in the post.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.