Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] make install fails when building libjpeg

Okay. It was actually all my fault.

Originally I was running mingw32-make to try and install libjpeg. I was getting an error because it couldn't find /bin/install. So I tried to "fix" it by copying /bin/install.exe to /bin/install. So now when I tried to install libjpeg with make install it said permission denied (because it was actually an exe, and not a real shell program). So it was my fault for using a "fix" that didn't work.

Sorry for all the confusion.

libjpeg still doesn't install it's headers properly though, which is their fault.

So I'm going to try and install libjpeg-turbo. But that fails because I don't have nasm installed. But I can't install that because the local coffee house SonicWall thinks the nasm installer is a trojan. My problems never seem to end.