Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] make install fails when building libjpeg

I saw on the mailing list there was a previous problem similar to mine on Vista with needing admin privileges and a manifest file to fix Vista's security heuristic so I should also note that I am running MSYS Core 1.0.18 and have the msys-coreutils 5.97-3-msys-1.0.13 package installed. I'm attempting to build libjpeg version 6b on Windows 10 with MinGW 4.8.1 and 5.3.0.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM, DAVENPORT, MARC <mdavenport@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 11, 2016 11:43 AM, "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > From: "DAVENPORT, MARC" <mdavenport@xxxxxxx>
> > Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:44:59 -0500
> >
> > I recently ran into a problem when trying to use make install with libjpeg. configure and make both work fine,
> > but when I try to run 'make install' then it either halts with "Permission denied" or if I run it as administrator then
> > it crashes with a stackdump.
>
> Did you try installing into a directory that is not on drive C:?
>
> In general, you should install only into directories of which your
> user is the owner, otherwise all kinds of weirdo problems could bite
> you.
It does the same for drive E:/. Also note that I've been installing there (C:/) all day long in the same directory.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.