Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] make install fails when building libjpeg

> From: "DAVENPORT, MARC" <mdavenport@xxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:44:59 -0500
>
> I recently ran into a problem when trying to use make install with libjpeg. configure and make both work fine,
> but when I try to run 'make install' then it either halts with "Permission denied" or if I run it as administrator then
> it crashes with a stackdump.

Did you try installing into a directory that is not on drive C:?

In general, you should install only into directories of which your
user is the owner, otherwise all kinds of weirdo problems could bite
you.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.