Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] make install fails when building libjpeg

Hello,

I recently ran into a problem when trying to use make install with libjpeg. configure and make both work fine, but when I try to run 'make install' then it either halts with "Permission denied" or if I run it as administrator then it crashes with a stackdump.

Here are the messages :

If I run MSYS without administrator privileges install fails with permission denied  :

Marc@DESKTOP-K9C6REG /c/LIBS4814Build/jpeg-6b
$ make install
/bin/install -c cjpeg /c/LIBS4814Distro/bin/cjpeg
make: execvp: /bin/install: Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 127

If I run MSYS with administrator privileges then install crashes. Here's a screenshot :

https://postimg.org/image/iypnc8dj9/

And here's the stackdump it produces :

MSYS-1.0.18 Build:2012-11-21 22:34
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=0201174E
eax=608F9138 ebx=00000001 ecx=60EA0000 edx=60EA86E4 esi=007F2396 edi=00000000
ebp=0062FEC0 esp=0062FE58 program=us
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
   9186 [main] us 0 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

I'm not sure what to make of all this. I can install libjpeg manually (and that's what I'm doing for now, but I'd prefer it did it itself). Ideas? Is the problem with make, /bin/install, or MSYS? Or is it something I need to do? The install directory is writable, I've been installing there all day.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.