Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] libFLAC, getopt, Mingw, Msys

> You're welcome, but please DON'T top post.

Sorry about that, gmail encourages top posting.

> If you're building using MSYS, why are you running mingw32-make?  You
> are MUCH better off using the make.exe provided by MSYS.

That was my problem. I use mingw32-make simply because that is what I am used to. I wasn't aware I shouldn't use mingw32-make when building with MSYS.

> Right, because mingw32-make knows NOTHING about the MSYS file system structure,
> and there is no such thing as /bin/mkdir in the pure Windows environment,
> which it does know about.

Makes sense I guess, but I kind of expected mingw and all of its tools to keep working in the MSYS environment.

> Makefile:490: recipe for target 'getopt/.dirstamp' failed
> mingw32-make[3]: *** [getopt/.dirstamp] Error 2 mingw32-make[3]:
> Leaving directory 'c:/LIBS4814Build/flac-1.3.1/src/share'
> Makefile:415: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
> mingw32-make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 mingw32-make[2]:
> Leaving directory 'c:/LIBS4814Build/flac-1.3.1/src' Makefile:471:
> recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed mingw32-make[1]: ***
> [all-recursive] Error 1 mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory
> 'c:/LIBS4814Build/flac-1.3.1' Makefile:402: recipe for target 'all'
> failed mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> There is no shell utility getopt installed in either mingw/bin or
> msys's /bin directory.

No, nor do we provide one, because in the *nix world it is mostly
superseded by the shell's built-in getopts utility.  In any case, you
don't need any such utility here; you do need to run the MSYS make,
which will know to invoke the /bin/mkdir in the MSYS /bin directory,
so that this build recipe can create the getopt build DIRECTORY.

That solved it. Thanks for the help. libFLAC builds just fine now, thank you.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.