Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Cannot find crt2.o: No such file or directory

I've recently downloaded and extracted files for MinGW 5.3.0.2 and I am trying to compile a simple hello world program to test it. It fails with the error mentioned I the subject heading of this email. It cannot find crt2.o. I also had trouble compiling another program and it said it couldnt find wchar.h. Am I missing some necessary packages or have I done something else wrong? Please advise.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.