Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] About Licenses

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:36:17AM +0200, Nikhil Vaidya wrote:
> Could anyone tell me which licenses the following dlls have? they are from
> the MinGW/bin folder.

I'd assume that the dlls use the same license as the source-code,
because it is the source code which represents a creative work, while
the dlls are produced mechanically (in the realm of derived works).

In a quick check:

	Some of the libraries use LGPL.
	Some (e.g., libstdc++) use GPL.
	A few are non-LGPL/GPL (mingwm10, expat, zlib).

See for instance http://www.mingw.org/license
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

MinGW-users mailing list