Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Possible error in ntddstor.h

On 20/07/16 12:25, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Keith Marshall:
>> Anton Shepelev:
>>
>>> When trying to buid DOSBox in a freshly-installed MinGW, I am
>>> having this error: macro "__IOCTL_STORAGE_" requires 3
>>> arguments, but only 2 given
>>
>> Okay, I can reproduce this. [...] Please  file a formal bug
>> report, on the bug track- er, so that I have  an  appropriately
>> attributable point of reference for the necessary follow up.
>
> I not being conversant in either C or C++, could you please tell me
> what would a minimal  test  case  be, for  I  only  saw the error
> while compiling the huge 3rd-party project that DOSBox  is?   What
> should  I feed gcc -- the lone .h file?

I reproduced it with:

  $ cat fubar.c
  #define _XOPEN_SOURCE  700

  #include <stdio.h>
  #include <winioctl.h>

  int main()
  { printf( "IOCTL_STORAGE_EJECT_MEDIA = %1$08d (0x%1$08X)\n",
        IOCTL_STORAGE_EJECT_MEDIA
      );
    return 0;
  }

  $ gcc fubar.c

> I  will  file  a bug report upon returning home from work.

Thanks.  I already have a good idea how to fix it, so I'll attend
to it, and publish an update once I have your formal bug report for
reference.  As an aside, that test case also revealed a bug which
has crept into our printf() implementation; I'll file my own report
for that.

- --
Regards,
Keith.