Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] MSYS runtime 1.0.19 released

Dear MSYS users,

The latest MSYS runtime, version 1.0.19, is now available.

You can upgrade using the mingw-get GUI as usual, but be advised to
close all MSYS processes first.

New feature:

* Generate /etc/fstab automatically in post-install.

1) /etc/fstab is created if absent, with the correct mapping of the
/mingw mount point.

2) If /etc/fstab is present, it is not touched, but you can consult
/etc/fstab.sample for a suggestion of a /mingw mount line.

This will help new users find the MinGW gcc compiler in the MinGW Shell
PATH (bash console), right after a new MSYS installation.

Bug fix:

* Correct a bug with pipe handling that affected parallel MSYS make
   ("make -jN", issue #1950, https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/1950/).

This fixes a regression 1.0.17 -> 1.0.18. However, I still experience
randoms hangs, even with 1.0.17, so it appears there still more work to
be done.

Have fun!

Regards,
Cesar