Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] I can't distribute a program compiled with MSYS2 !

Hi to all the MSYS community,

At first MSYS is the solution i have search for years fro making Windows  version from my programs, passing trough code-block-mingw32, mingw alone, cygwin,...

---

But i come to my problem:

I can compile and launching my program mmp-2.1 which is an update from the Micro Music Player which I have build for Linux, the update will soon release in the hope their will be a Windows version too.

:: extract from my Makefile

CXXFLAGS = -mwindows -O2 -std=c++11 # we can try -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -lstdc++ # but -lmingw32 make fail the build

LDFLAGS = `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0` `pkg-config --cflags libvlc`

LDFLAGS = `pkg-config --libs gtk+-3.0` `pkg-config --libs libvlc`

All success but when i come to distributing i heart to a wall:

I have make a folder outside from the MSYS installation, then copy all the dependencies, and finally copy the required *.dll files into my ./bin folder like this

::

    ldd ./bin/mmp | grep mingw64 | cp $(gawk '{print $3}') /path/to/test/dir/bin

And when i launch the program all works fine except the initialization from libvlc which always return NULL ???

::

int
main (int argc, char *argv[]) {

    // ...   libvlc_instance_t * libvlc_inst = libvlc_new (0, NULL) ;

    if (libvlc_inst == NULL) {

        fprintf(stderr,"The unborn is killed in the winbee !\n") ;
        exit(EXIT_FAILURE) ;
    }

     // ...   return 0 ;

}

Thanks for you answers about why my program works into the MSYS environment and not other way ?

I think the problem is the libvlc because the program start but libvlc doesn't initialize.

--

3D imaging web-site: www.3dreaming-imaging.net
International web-site: www.open-source-projects.net

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.