Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Using mingw's libpng?

On 7 July 2016 at 03:40, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: Paul Moore <p.f.moore@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 23:58:14 +0100
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@xxxxxxx>
>>
>> If you want to go down this route (again, not advised and not
>> supported!) then your best bet would be to build the extension with
>> mingw, and statically link a copy of libpng that was also built with
>> mingw.
>
> I don't think this can be done on Windows.  Can you show a command
> line that does this and works?

I'm afraid I can't, for Python extensions most of the work is done by
distutils. But I believe that some extension projects (some of the
scientific Python stack) do this. As noted by mathog, though,
distutils forces -lmsvcr90, which avoids most, if not all, of the CRT
incompatibility issues - something I'd forgotten, it's been a long
time since I did anything with the distutils mingw support..

Paul

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.