Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] new thread library aimed at c++11 and later development.

I will try, atm we just need to know if the gcc i have built works on
windows versions older than vista,

can it compile ? does it crash when trying to run it ? things like that.

No need to run the entire gcc suite as atleast one c++ test is known to
fail, but that test might be suspect.

Link to the discussion here https://github.com/lhmouse/mcfgthread/issues/8

If you do want to run it through the entire gcc test suite,

then yes you need dejagnu and expect which as explained is not easy to
get running with the old msys runtime.

You could use the Msys2 environment which does have both dejagnu and expect,

but i suspect that might not appeal to the mingw.org team because of
some animosity at the direction that project took after my

departure from porting the newer cygwin runtime some years back.

And yes the reason im putting some effort into this is to get away from
needing pthreads to build c++11 and later c++ language versions,

this library uses native windows thread functions to accomplish what we
needed pthreads for,

for so many years, and its atleast 10 times faster than pthreads, so its
well worth it.

The only downside is that it might not work on windows versions older
than XP,

so we needed someone who was still using XP to try out a gcc compiled
against mcfgthread,

to see if it would even run or compile sources that relied on c++11 on XP.

You are also welcome to join in on the work at lhmouses github site for
mcfgthread :)

I will try to help as much as i can, but lhmouse might be better at
disclosing what still needs to be done.

Revelator