Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Using mingw's libpng?

> Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 16:05:39 -0700
> From: mathog <mathog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> So great, we have one set of programs which work exactly like they do
> under linux (the test programs that come with libpng) and another set
> that blow up mysteriously when linked to this library (the small test
> program from my original post and the module from a much bigger package
> which triggered this line of inquiry.)

You might be having a DLL hell.  When you tried using the ezwinports
binaries, did you put all of the DLLs that came with the zip file in
the same directory as the test program?  If not, you should try that:
that's the only way to make sure a consistent set of DLLs is used that
you mean the program to use.

All I can say is that the ezwinports build is being actively used in
several programs built by MinGW, by me and others, so it is certainly
correct and usable.

Btw, what version of the MinGW headers and libraries do you have
installed?

> Perhaps this is some version incompatibility between the code in the
> ones that do not work and the current libpng?  Check back on the Linux
> systems I used, the one for the build of the larger package, and the one
> for the smaller test program, are both using libpng1.2.  Could be that
> all I need to get the problem ones to work is to install that older
> version (too).

It could be, but only if the program uses something the newer versions
don't support, in which case I'd expect the compiler to uncover that.
IOW, it's unlikely.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.