Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] new thread library aimed at c++11 and later development.

Hi,

On 26/06/2016 17:45, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I'm willing to test GCC on XP (and did so in the past), but actually
> building GCC on XP, which is what was requested here AFAIU, is
> something else.  The amount of effort and time it will take for
> someone who never built GCC on Windows is substantial, to say the
> least.

right... I still use WinXP and even have Win2000, but I mostly test my
own stuff there and work more and more on Vista and Win7, also because
the machines I have are more capable!
Is much ram needed to build GCC on windows?

I never built GCC on windows... I did it several times on Unix though.
If it is vital to test the new stuff, then I can offer my help, but it
would be better to have clear guidance from who already built gcc, so
that the same options are used. It has also a maze of dependencies.

I don't use C++ myself, so what I could offer is a raw "build" of gcc
itself.

Would the Obj-C part also use the new threads?

Riccardo

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.