Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Mingw64 & include directory?

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:11 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Domonic Tom <AbDomTom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:51:00 +0000
>
> I have installed Mingw64 on my PC. Recently I found a problem.

This list is not for MinGW64 distribution.

You have downloaded a minw-w64 tool distribution.  It comes with its own version of mingw, and if it is installed
on top of the mingw/msys then mingw/include and mingw/lib will still refer to the mingw-org system (relevant to this list)
which you installed over.
> I built a gui toolkit called Fast Light Tool Kit (FLTK) and my build environment directories (using MSYS) was
> structured as:
>
> c:/minw/include & c:/mingw/lib
>
> The problem started when I included the math.h file in my project #include <math.h>
>
> FLTK contains a math.h file which refers to usr/include/math.h which then directs my compiler to find the
> math.h file in the designated include directory c:/mingw/include... But this is not what happens.
>
> My math.h c++ header is actually located in the lib directory??
>
> C:\mingw\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\5.1.0\include\c++\tr1

You have downloaded a minw-w64 tool distribution.  It comes with its own version of mingw, and if it is installed
on top of the mingw/msys then mingw/include and mingw/lib will still refer to the mingw-org system (relevant to this list)
which you installed over.

 You can simplify your task immensely by installing MSYS2, which is a rolling-release distro that uses mingw-w64 compiler builds. (Look it up on Sourceforge.net) - MSYS2 will reside under C:\msys64 - and then you will find that FLTK is already available to download:

$ pacman -Ss fltk
mingw32/mingw-w64-i686-fltk 1.3.3-2
    C++ user interface toolkit (mingw-w64)
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-fltk 1.3.3-2