Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] debugprocess declaration

Hi,

I want to add a call to DebugBreakProcess to a windows port of an
application (simulate the sending of a signal.

I added the following:

#undef _WIN32_WINNT
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501 // Minimal target is Windows XP

#include <windows.h>
#include <winbase.h>

yet still I get a missing declaration and a linking issue with
DebugBreakProcess when I build

In winbase.h I see:

#if (_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0501)
WINBASEAPI BOOL WINAPI DebugBreakProcess(HANDLE);

which looks exactly as what I need

As a quick hack, I just slapped the above declaration in my source file
and it compiles, links and works.

Thus I have an issue the way I include and define the windows version I
suppose, but where/how/why?

Riccardo

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.