Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 5.3.0 doesn't work on Windows XP

> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:39:12 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@xxxxxxx>
>
> > From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:36:49 +0100
> >
> > On 18/04/16 19:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > I hope a fixed binary distribution of GCC 5 will be available
> > > soon.
> >
> > Perhaps you'd like to try the updated build at:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version5/gcc
> > - -5.3.0-2/
>
> Thanks, I definitely will, although it might take a few days until I
> get to it.

Sorry for the long delay.  I finally got to installing this binary
distribution, and I'm happy to report that it works fine on my XPSP3
machine.  I compiled 2 large packages with it, and saw no problems.
The dependency walker also reported no problems with dependency DLLs.

Thanks!

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.