Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Trouble linking with OpenCL.lib

For the past few hours, I've been trying to make the simple OpenCL example run. Following the instructions in that link, it compiles into an .exe, but crashes without message once it is run.

I've also tried following the instructions in this SO post without much success. Reimp fails saying that OpenCL.lib that comes with Cuda 7.5 is corrupt or invalid, and fetching a .def file from one of the posts and using the dlltool produces libOpenCL.a. Unfortunately, when I try to link with it I get various errors whose details can be found at the bottom of the issue page.

I am sure it is not linking properly with the OpenCL library, but I have no idea how to fix it at this point. I've also tried the example with Visual C++ and it works without a problem.

I would appreciate it if somebody more knowledgeable could give me a few pointers. Thanks.
reduces your MTTR. Get your free trial!
MinGW-users mailing list