Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Import libraries without DLL in GCC 5.3.0 distro

> From: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:21:23 +0100
>
> On 12/04/16 20:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > First, thanks for making GCC 5.3.0 available from the MinGW site.
>
> You're welcome, (although I see that you've now discontinued using it,
> because of a cc1.exe problem on WinXP).

I use 5.3.0 on my other machines, though, which run later Windows
versions.

> - - libatomic appears to provide support for atomic synchronization
>   of memory access operations; it seems to be associated with the
>   C++11 memory model, (which may also be applicable for C-language
>   processes, so inclusion in gcc-core may be appropriate).
>
> - - libvtv is associated with vtable verification options, while
>   libvtv_stubs satisfies the linker, in the case of a vtv enabled
>   compiler, when no vtv option is selected; as such, both would
>   seem more appropriate to C++, than to gcc-core.
>
> Each of these libraries, and their associated DLLs, seem to be built
> by default for GCC-5.3.0, (even when they are not enabled at configure
> time), whereas they seem not to have been built for GCC-4.9.3.

Thanks for the info.  However, if the DLLs are built, why aren't they
in the distribution?  is there some problem with "make install" or the
packaging scripts?

> I guess I should adjust the packaging specifications to either
> deliver all of them, or to omit them entirely;

Probably, yes.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.