Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] is there a way to adding custom sections consecutively with mingw32-gcc linker ?

> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 17:33:00 +0300
> From: Kağan Tantan <tantankagan@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> In my source codes, i want to define some variable under different sections and these sections can be defined
> in different .c files. My desire, while i am compiling and linking source code, these sections will be added
> consecutively in memory with linker options command or compiler options command.
>
> For example,
>
> In section1, i defined two integer (var1, var2) and in section2, i also defined two integer variable(var3, var4).
>
> After compiling, if var1's address is 00403000, var3's address should be 00403008.
>
> Does any know of a way to do those things on windows with mingw
> linker?

Did you try writing your own linker script by modifying the standard
one?  Binutils should come with these scripts, and their structure is
documented in the manual.

> Thanks in advance! and sorry for my sloppy english.

There's nothing wrong with your English.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.