Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 5.3.0 doesn't work on Windows XP

> From: Earnie <earnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:10:21 -0400
>
> Support for XP is becoming extinct.

Btw, JFYI: the fact that mingw.org's MinGW still supports older
systems (including Windows 9X) is one of the two main reasons I stick
with MinGW and refuse to switch to MinGW64, which dumped older systems
many moons ago.  If this reason is going to be gone, the switch will
look a much more attractive alternative than it is now.

I think support for older systems (of which there are still many
millions out there) is a very strong point in favor of MinGW.  I very
much hope it will stay that way.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.