Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 5.3.0 doesn't work on Windows XP

On 16 April 2016 at 22:12, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I cannot compile any programs with this version of GCC on a Windows XP
> SP3 machine: cc1.exe pops up an error dialog saying "The procedure
> entry point strnlen could not be located in the dynamic link library
> msvcrt.dll".
>
> Does this mean MinGW no longer supports Windows XP?  I hope not.

I think we simply should not assume strnlen should be in MSVCRT.DLL.

On Windows XP:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>objdump -x msvcrt.dll|grep -i strnlen

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

On Windows 7 (64-bit):

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>objdump -x msvcrt.dll|grep -i strnlen
        [ 726] _mbstrnlen
        [ 727] _mbstrnlen_l
        [1314] strnlen

C:\Windows\SysWOW64>

So strnlen is simply not present in the MSVCRT.DLL of Windows XP.

--
Wu Yongwei

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.