Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 5.3.0 doesn't work on Windows XP

Mmm, i suspected as much since the problems other devs have run into
mostly had to do with SSE instructions.
So its an api bug ? i hope they get it fixed for those still using XP,
allthough win 7 is not bad :) but the later windows versions seem to
have adopted the superuser approach to a degree that it breaks using
things not built with that in mind. Havent heard from Earnie since the
race to get gcc-5.3.0 building with mingw, not sure if there are any
other package maintainers avaliable at the moment who could look into
it. Sadly i dont have XP anymore so i cant test
changes even if im willing to help.

Best wishes.