Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MinGW GCC 5.3.0 doesn't work on Windows XP

> From: ralph engels <ralphengels@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 00:10:06 +0200
>
> might depend on which -march -mtune options where used compiling gcc, i
> used -march=core2 -mtune=generic

No, I don't think this is related.  The CPU here is Core i7, so the
instruction set shouldn't be a problem.

I think the executables were linked against msvcrt.dll that came from
Vista or later, and these do have strnlen; the one that comes with XP
doesn't.

This issue was discussed during MinGW runtime development, but I guess
it wasn't resolved in a way that is reliable enough, or maybe some
other similar issue is at work.

I really hope a fixed distribution could be uploaded soon.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.