On 20/03/16 17:32, ralph engels wrote:
> Aye also ran into the CONST_CAST2 warnings, but im a bit baffled
> why it seems to build gcc on linux while not on windows.

Well, the build strategy is different: you don't bootstrap a crossed
native build.  I originally tried to build it, using my GCC-4.9.3
cross compiler as the build compiler, but that didn't fly, so I
bootstrapped a native Linux GCC-5.3.0, then used that to build a
GCC-5.3.0 cross compiler; finally, used that to build the crossed
native GCC-5.3.0, (with a simple 'make all').

> ill take a good look at your patches maybe something i missed :)
>
> btw you can get around the CONST_CAST2 warning by undefining the
> macro just before it is set in gcc,

By "in gcc", I assume you mean in gcc/system.h, but then you are
assuming that the definition there is correct, and begs the question:
why is there an incompatible definition in mingw32/bits/gthr-default.h?
Which is the correct definition?  Are they even intended to serve the
same purpose?

Alternatively, maybe the definition in gthr-default.h is correct.  In
that case, the definition in system.h should be wrapped in #ifndef.
Or maybe both are correct, in different contexts.  I don't know enough
of GCC internals to arbitrate on this; it needs to go upstream, as a
bug report.

> but im not sure if it breaks something else so i hold of on that
> option for now.

Exactly.

> I would be interrested seing the log, mostly for comparison with my
> own, might give me some ideas.

Sent privately, under separate cover; it's way too big for a list
attachment, even when compressed.  (BTW, in case you're interested in
improving your English, there is only one "r" in "interested", and two
"e"s in "seeing").

> The other issues are also worth a look.

The Wformat warnings are just worthless pedantry, but certainly the
rest are worth a look; I'll leave it for someone who both knows about,
and cares about Ada, to comment on the 90 "used uninitialized"
warnings from building that component; (they are nothing new, having
afflicted every version of GCC I've ever built, with Ada enabled).

- --
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.