It builds without patches if you use linux as a cross development environment ? well that is strange,
not sure whats going on with the windows host then but there must be some difference obviously.
Atleast good to hear that you got it building.

My changes to pthreads-w32 was mainly because it conflicted with an internal gcc enumerator OPTIONAL which was also defined in windef.h and pthreads-w32 pulls windows.h in which in turn pulls windef.h in which has OPTIONAL
defined as empty so it broke genmodes.c. My patch just puts a guard on it so that windows.h only gets used when building pthreads itself, but i agree it should newer be included at all.

And then the change from timespec unsupported to supported as the new mingwrt now has it.

Rest of the changes are just cleanup like the __MINGW64__ define which should be __MINGW64_VERSION_MAJOR if checking explicitly for mingw-w64 __MINGW64__ == __MINGW32__ so
would be wrong if it was intended for that.

But yeah the less patches needed the better.
Probably also more pressing things that needs looking at in that regard.

I hope its a little clearer now what my changes are about :)

Ralph Engels