Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] Challenges building arbitrary executables

Hello,

I have (regularly) had challenges to use off-the-shelf build tools, this
time "make".

I am using the MSYS2 build environment, but it appears the problem is
generic.

When trying to compile a simple package such as pkgconfig-lite0.28-1,
the ./configure runs well. When executing "make" it finally fails with

  "/usr/bin/sh  line 17: /usr/bin/make: No such file or directory"

My msys64 tree is at c:\Programs\

A general question on this is: The make to be executed is presumably to
have been installed in c:\Programs\msys64/usr/bin/. Is there a specific
path variable to be set in order to make such executable available from
within the MSYS shell? (besides the system path variable, which is set
in my case.)

When I look at the said location, there is indeed no such make.exe
there. On the other hand, using "mingw-get.exe install msys-make" says
that the package is already installed. How can this be?

(The make that is executing stems from another mingw installation, whose
bin directory also is in the path.)

Tom

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.