Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: msys-ncurses 6.0

Erwin Waterlander schreef op 2016-03-16 20:59:
> Hi,
>
> A new package is available: msys-ncurses 6.0.
>
> This package is not installable via mingw-get, but needs manual
> installation. You can download the files from:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Contributed/ncurses/ncurses-6.0-2/

You can now install msys-ncurses, msys-libncurses, and msys-terminfo
with mingw-get.

> Only narrow text is supported (no wide text (Unicode)).
>
> This library can be used for msys applications in the mintty terminal
> emulator. msys-ncurses will not work in Windows consoles like Windows
> Console, Console(2), ConsoleZ, or ConEmu.

msys-ncurses does work in Console/ConEmu when you set environment
variable TERM to cygwin:
export TERM=cygwin
but this is with limitations. For instance special characters, like line
drawing characters, will not be correctly displayed. Also resizing may
not work as expected. In mintty everything works fine (using
TERM=xterm).

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/