Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] bizarre problem, need help from a mingw developer

> Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 13:53:48 -0800
> From: mathog <mathog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> For this code:
>    double val=1.0;
>    printf("%lf\n",val);
> (1) With the default language setting the compiler passes "%lf\n" and a
> 64 bit double to _printf().  If nothing else is specified the linker
> uses a _printf() from MSVCRT.  That library interprets the "%lf" to mean
> long double, which it takes to be 64 bit.

My reading of the MSDN docs implies that msvcrt.dll, in the versions
that are used by MinGW, doesn't support %lf at all.  The newer
versions of MS C library, distributed with the latest releases of
Visual Studio, do support %lf, but the one that comes with Windows
itself, which is what MinGW uses, doesn't.

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.
MinGW-users mailing list