Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] bizarre problem, need help from a mingw developer

On 09/03/16 18:05, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> You want the -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO switch.

I can't really condone such malpractice: the double initial underscore
should be screaming "implementation reserved (private) symbol; hands
off!"  There's a table of feature test macros in <_mingw.h>, any one
which is preferred to enable this; use one of them instead.  (My own
preference is to use a gcc option, such as -ansi or -posix, or any of
the -std= options which implies __STRICT_ANSI__, or (even better) to
specify either '#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 700' or '#define _GNU_SOURCE' in
the source code itself.

> I suggest to look at MinGW's stdio.h header, where you will see what
> this does.  I'm sure you will see the answers to your questions
> there.

Yes, consulting the relevant header files is always recommended as a
first recourse.

--
Regards,
Keith.