Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] bizarre problem, need help from a mingw developer

> Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 09:51:26 -0800
> From: mathog <mathog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Do these functions exist, and if so, what are their names?
>   __mingw_printf()  the ISO-compliant version of printf()
>   __msvcrt_printf() non-ISO-compliant (Microsoft) version of printf().
> Is there a switch that tells the compiler to use one or the other of
> these labels,
> or does the compiler only generate a common __printf() for the object
> file?
> In the latter case, if one is building a  package where some of the
> objects want one and some of the objects want the other, what tells the
> linker which to use?

You want the -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO switch.  I suggest to look at
MinGW's stdio.h header, where you will see what this does.  I'm sure
you will see the answers to your questions there.

Transform Data into Opportunity.
Click to learn more.
MinGW-users mailing list