Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] bizarre problem, need help from a mingw developer

On 07/03/16 21:44, mathog wrote:
> I am still trying to understand how linking in a
> library _where no function is ever called_ can change the behavior of
> the test program.

Depending on where it appears in the linking order, it could substitute
an alternative printf() implementation; one which possibly redirects the
call to __mingw_printf(), rather than to __msvcrt_printf().  Or, perhaps
you've also added associated headers, which may activate the feature
test to select __mingw_printf() as default.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.