> Cc: mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: ralph engels <ralphengels@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 15:59:46 +0100
>
> I can pack it up again but to strip the executables i would most likely
> have to do a rebuild

Really?  Isn't just saying something like

  make install-strip prefix=/some/newly/created/directory

enough to have all the stuff installed in that directory, from which
you can then produce an archive?

> thats not a problem but it will take a little time.

If you can afford the effort, I think it would help stripping the
executables and excluding the leading mingw/ from the directory
structure.

Thanks.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.