Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS on Windows - Setting Directories?

On 3/4/2016 2:15 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Btw, I'm not sure the OP doesn't think the installed files should end
> up in the MSYS tree, which is a mistake, of course.  If true, this
> might explain some of the problems he is having.

I think this is the true crux of the issue.  The OP is still stating
that MSYS is the one requiring to know where the lib and include
directories are when it is GCC that needs to know.

* MSYS is a tool to execute confingure
* configure is a tool to create a Makefile
* The Makefile is used by the make executable to execute commands for an
end result.
* For MinGW there are two root paths, one for MinGW and one for MSYS.
* You need to give --prefix=c:/mingw because GCC is a MinGW executable.
* MinGW executables know nothing of the /usr and other MSYS paths.

HTH
--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.