Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS on Windows - Setting Directories?

> From: Domonic Tom <AbDomTom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> CC: "mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 13:19:27 +0000
>
> I still have a question though. Let's say that I build zlib at c:/zlib:
> ./congigure --prefix=c:/my_directory
> make
> make install
>
> Then I switch off my computer and come back later. I restart MSYS and go to build libpng (which depends on
> zlib).
> How does MSYS know that my zlib headers and library files are in c:/my_directory ?

If you use --prefix=c:/mingw, then the headers and the libraries will
all be installed in the place where GCC expects them to be, because
GCC's own installation is also rooted at c:/mingw.

> By doing this:
> ./configure --prefix=c:/my_directory when building libpng, am I also telling MSYS where to find the zlib
> headers and library files?
> make
> make install this part also stores headers and library files into c:/my_directory

They should all be in the same place: headers in c:/mingw/include,
libraries in c:/mingw/lib, executables and DLLs in c:/mingw/bin,
documentation and auxiliary files in c:/mingw/share, etc.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.