Ah yes stripping was disabled, ok so now we know why the size was a bit
huge.

As for the archive i made a mistake when packing it up the mingw folder
is just the output from my build script and i packed that up instead of
the content.

Even if i did not pack it up with any malicious content i allways scan
my archives :) its just a rule of thumb with me.
I would be rather sorry to hear if someone picked up something nasty
from one of my archives.
Then again some antivirus scanners are rather liberal in what they see
as malicious code and throw false warnings on anything thats not signed
and stamped by microsoft even if its just a compiler.

I can pack it up again but to strip the executables i would most likely
have to do a rebuild, thats not a problem but it will take a little time.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.