Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Insight's GDB GUI : help about C syntax.

On 04/03/16 13:04, emmanuel wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to install Insight's GDB GUI (https://sourceware.org/insight/).
The last stable version, 6.8-1, is available as tarball source code (ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/releases/insight-6.8-1a.tar.bz2).
It does compile under MinGW but you have to disable the "warning as error" setting in the few configure files.
You'll then be almost able to compile the source.
the "almost" restriction is that you'll have nonetheless two real errors raised by GCC.

They both are of the kind "lvalue required as left operand of assignment".
The two "faulty" lines are :
  1. ((Tcl_Obj **) objv) += (async + 3);   // file: tcl/win/tclWinDde.c -- line: 1178
  2. while (*((Tcl_UniChar *)p)++ != 0) {} // file: tcl/win/tclWinReg.c -- line: 750
Since I'm not at all a C aficionado (but rather a newbie), I've just tried my guess blindly, in order to get it to compile. So I ended up installing Insight but with a somehow problemous executable.

Can anyone give the correct syntax fixing those "faulty" lines ?

Thanks in advance.

--
emmanuel

A somewhat orthogonal response, but most IDEs (CodeBlocks, CodeLite, Eclipse, etc) provide pretty complete GUIs for GDB. That would save you the grief of trying to build Insight and allow you to get on with the job in hand.

P.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.