Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS on Windows - Setting Directories?

Thanks Eli.  You were right about libjpeg.  I upgraded to 9b and all was solved.

I still have a question though.   Let's say that I build zlib at c:/zlib:
./congigure --prefix=c:/my_directory
make
make install

Then I switch off my computer and come back later.  I restart MSYS and go to build libpng (which depends on zlib).
How does MSYS know that my zlib headers and library files are in    c:/my_directory ?

I'm going to guess.

By doing this:
./configure --prefix=c:/my_directory              when building libpng, am I also telling MSYS where to find the zlib headers and library files?
make
make install       this part also stores headers and library files into c:/my_directory