Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS on Windows - Setting Directories?

> From: Domonic Tom <AbDomTom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 06:25:30 +0000
>
> If this is true, then why can't for example, my libpng not find my zlib installation?  If these headers and lib files are placed in the default
> searchable location as you have mentioned above, why am I having so much trouble getting my libraries from seeing eachother.  That is... despite teh fact that I have used the 'make install' command.

What exactly do you mean by "cannot find"?  Please show an example of
this failure, since it's very hard to reason about a problem that is
not well understood.  In addition to showing the relevant error
messages of some command that led you to believe zlib cannot be found,
please show the directories where zlib files were installed.

In general, the header files, libraries, and DLLs should be in their
intended places under the directory you specify in --prefix, in order
for the configure scripts to find them.  And executable programs
should be on PATH.  If you keep your hierarchy in this order, nothing
bad will ever happen to you.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.