Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] MSYS on Windows - Setting Directories?

Keith.. Thanks for your reply.

I'm aware that I don't understand this.

Basically, I'm trying to build all my dependencies for future use with other libraries.

I just made a test directory to see if the --prefix=c:/test_directory would end up containing headers and lib files .  Even if I do use the
--prefix command will this directory be searched the next time I build something and it needs dependencies?   The c:/test_directory ended up containing nothing after the following commands.  I tested this on building libjpeg

$ cd c:/libjpeg
$ ./configure --prefix=c:/test_directory
$ make
$ make install

I get the error below

$ make install
/bin/install -c cjpeg c:/test_directory/bin/cjpeg
/bin/install: cannot create regular file `c:/test_directory/bin/cjpeg.exe': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

>From what you have said below I gather that all headers and lib files will be installed in the default directory somewhere in c:/mingw ?
I'm not sure what you mean by -I and -L are only used when you run gcc?   If so, how are they used?

Overall, all I am trying to do is to build all my dependencies and have the headers and lib files easily found when I need to use them as dependencies when
I build other libraries which depend on them.   That's it.

You keep referring to user/local?     What is this?.  I have always operated on Windows and have never seen this directory.