On 29/02/16 15:22, Roger Wells wrote:
> Do you use pthreads?  Even this fails to compile (tstest.c):

Perhaps you didn't read the announcement carefully enough?

>> It is NOT OpenMP enabled, (because I have not been able to create a
>> _reliable_ build of POSIX threads support, to accompany it), ...

Note, in particular, the explanation in parentheses.

> $ gcc -c tstest.c
> In file included from tstest.c:1:0:
> c:\mingw\include\pthread.h:320:8: error: redefinition of 'struct timespec'
>  struct timespec {
>         ^
> In file included from c:\mingw\include\time.h:53:0,

This is a bug in pthreads-win32, about which I have recently engaged in
a continuing discussion with Ross Johnston, (the pthreads-win32, a.k.a
pthreads4W, maintainer).  See, since mingwrt-3.21, MinGW _has_ provided
a definition of struct timespec, but pthreads-win32 continues to
gratuitously assume that it does not.  You need to fix your pthread.h,
to correct that bogus assumption.  Indeed, it's just plain wrong for
pthread.h to define this structure anyway; POSIX says it should be
defined in sched.h, (which is also part of the pthreads-win32 package),
to match the definition provided in time.h

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.