Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Sorry about that last email

On 2/12/2016 3:00 PM, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 12/02/16 17:46, Eric Fowler wrote:
>> Seriously, I work in a corporation that employs people who get off on
>> writing scripts to append that crap to all of my mail.
>
> Which just shows what a bunch of numskulls you work for.

Really this is just a smack to the Corporate Lawyers Department's
mantra.  Let's make sure the IP is protected regardless of where the
mail is going.  The use of the corporate mail system to the outside
world may be in question as well; is the OP breaking policy using the
corporate SMTP to send mail to a public list?

>> I can't turn it off by any means I know about.
>
> Where there's a will, there's usually a way.  If you can't bypass the
> corporate IT department's stupidity, use webmail, from an account which
> is beyond their control; that's what I used to do, when the company I
> worked for engaged in similar lunacy.

Which again may be breaking the corporate policies.  You should get
permission to do so.

Fortunately for me I've not had such issues and currently I'm currently
in a situation that if I access public lists I use my private computer
not the corporate one.  Just one of the benefits of telecommuting.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.