Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC 5.3 on MinGW

Pch was just turned off in the first build as i been having some trouble with it and wanted to avoid build failures,
feel free to modify my buildscript as you see fit, the script is just one i use personally and was adopted from the msys2 toolchain.

Not sure why you are having trouble with the winpthread library locking up ?, do you use an older verson of it.
I use a version a little newer than the one linked to at the TDM site and link to it statically, the latest one from git does not work with the TDM patches though.

I do use TDM's patchset for winpthreads because it allows me to to use openmp without depending on the pthread library,

as well as the c++11 extentions. I agree it sucks majorly to depend on yet another library but unfortunatly no work has gone into these extentions supporting win32 threads natively (maybe something to take up with the gcc maintainers ?).

--with-gxx-include-dir=${REALPATH}/include/c++/5.2.0 \

thats an oversight, i forgot to change it from a previous build,
it should be 5.3.0 thanks for pointing it out.
the script can probably be cooked down a bit, its allmost a 1/1 copy of the msys2 build script for mingw64,
but yeah it seems a bit excessive.

P.s the --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-dwarf2 option works here as i just built both sjlj and dw2 versions,
there was a bug if i recall in a previous gcc-5 that had the behaviour you mentioned but it seems to be fixed in 5.3.0.