Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC 5.3 on mingw

On 08/01/16 07:38 Keith Marshall wrote

>On 08/01/16 10:57, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I think someone reported GCC 5.x doesn't build with MinGW for some
>> reasons. If that's true, those reasons should be found and fixed.

>GCC.org have introduced a regression in GCC-5.x, whereby specifying the
>--disable-sjlj-exceptions build time option, (as MinGW.org have done in
>all 4.x builds), causes the libgcc build to implode.

>GCC.org have been made aware of the regression, but I see no evidence of
>any momentum toward resolving it; I certainly don't have the time to
>pursue it myself.
There are other problems as well - I use Ada, so I always include it
in my builds, but the 5.x Ada runtime crashes the GCC build because of
assumptions that the Ada compiler will be a 64-bit compiler. A fix for
the Ada regressions is possible; the TDM-GCC project has a 5.1 compiler,
but I have not looked at runtime patches used in that project because
the source of the information for the patches was not clearly documented.
I expect that the problem could be fixed by patching the 32-bit-compatible
Ada runtime functions from gcc-4.9.X into the 5.X Ada runtime, but I also
do not have time to work on it at present.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.