Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC 5.3 on mingw

On 08/01/16 10:38, niXman wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I know mingw is an voluntary driven project, and we must respect the
>> time
>> each developer has to give to the project.
>> But I have today installed mingw and checked the gcc version is 4.8.1
>> and
>> checked the current stable version in gcc site is 5.3
>> As so is there any plan to upgrade gcc in mingw?
> Hi,
> All recent version of MinGW you can get from MinGW-W64 project:
> sf.net/projects/mingw-w64/

This is untrue.  The trademark, "MinGW", has been registered by SPI[*]
on behalf of MinGW.org.  Mingw-w64 is a separate project, delivering an
independent fork from original MinGW.org code; none of their products
have been sanctioned by MinGW.org, thus mingw-w64 is *not* MinGW.

[*] http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/trademarks/

MinGW-users mailing list