Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC 5.3 on mingw

> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:15:14 +0000
> From: Pedro Sousa <pedro.morais.sousa@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I know mingw is an voluntary driven project, and we must respect the time each
> developer has to give to the project.
> But I have today installed mingw and checked the gcc version is 4.8.1 and
> checked the current stable version in gcc site is 5.3

There's 4.9.x in 'experimental'.  I'm using it for a few weeks, and it
looks fine to me.  (But I only compiled C programs since I installed
it, so caveat emptor.)

> As so is there any plan to upgrade gcc in mingw?

Plans is not the problem...

I think someone reported GCC 5.x doesn't build with MinGW for some
reasons.  If that's true, those reasons should be found and fixed.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.