Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Getting error message in a file

Ok, this is apparently the only way.
Thanks !

> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:09:16 +0100
> From: Vincent Lesbros <lesbros@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I know, I have to get the stderr output,
> But the interface, from Smalltalk to run a Windows command is through the
> ShellExecute method :
> some thing like :
>
> <C: unsigned int ShellExecuteW(
> HWND hwnd,
> LPCWSTR lpOperation,
> LPCWSTR lpFile,
> LPCWSTR lpParameters,
> LPCWSTR lpDirectory,
> int nShowCmd )>
> For the lpOperation I use "open"
> For the lpFile the path to the MinGW gcc compiler, (a NTFSFilename('c:\Program
> Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\g++.exe'))
> in lpParameters, I put the file to compile or link,
> I can't see any way to get the stderr output ?
>
> Is there an option to tell the compiler to send errors in a specified file in
> the command line ?

No, not AFAIK.  But you can write a batch file in which you invoke GCC
with stderr redirected via "2> FILE", and then invoke that batch file
via ShellExecuteW.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.