Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Getting error message in a file

I know, I have to get the stderr output,
But the interface, from Smalltalk to run a Windows command is through the ShellExecute method :
some thing like :

<C: unsigned int ShellExecuteW(
HWND hwnd,
LPCWSTR lpOperation,
LPCWSTR lpFile,
LPCWSTR lpParameters,
LPCWSTR lpDirectory,
int nShowCmd )>
For the lpOperation I use "open"
For the lpFile the path to the MinGW gcc compiler, (a NTFSFilename('c:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\g++.exe'))
in lpParameters, I put the file to compile or link,
I can't see any way to get the stderr output ?

Is there an option to tell the compiler to send errors in a specified file in the command line ?

On 27/12/15 19:06, Vincent Lesbros wrote:
> Is there options to the gcc compiler to write the compilation errors in a
> file ?

Use standard I/O redirection?

You need to capture the stderr stream from the GCC command process,
within the environment which invokes it; in your case, that would be the
Smalltalk development environment, which hopefully provides some
configuration option to do just that.

--
Regards,
Keith.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.
We ask that you be polite and do the same.  Disregard for the list etiquette may cause your account to be moderated.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.