Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Autotools without MSYS

The things marked " This is not the ... you're looking for" are not intended for
development of applications with MinGW.

How did you install MinGW? I'm guessing that you did not use the graphical
installer.

You should download and  install the graphical installer, which makes it very
 easy to see what you have  installed and what you have not yet installed.
 It clearly marks which things are  parts of MSYS and which are MinGW.
 It is easy to see that there is indeed  a full set of autotools for MinGW.

 You should not use the Git bash; When properly installed with the graphical
installer, you will have an MSYS bash that will do everything that you need to do
and will be properly integrated with the MinGW tools that you will need.
 Instructions for downloading, installation and post-installation details are
found on the MinGW web site; see http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.